PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Manni the Norwegian

MadManniMan
2003-10-14, 00:31:52
My origin is Norge with a slight influence of "Schlesien" :D

ScottManDeath
2003-10-14, 01:51:07
Original geschrieben von MadManniMan
My origin is Norge with a slight influence of "Schlesien" :D

Hei

snakker du norsk? Jeg snakker litt norsk. Jeg studerer nå i Norge for 6 månadene. Jeg kommer fra Tyskland. ;)

på engelsk ;) :

Hi

do you speak Norwegian? I speak a little bit Norwegian. I study in Norway for 6 months now. I come from Germany

MadManniMan
2003-10-14, 02:13:42
Original geschrieben von ScottManDeath
Hei

snakker du norsk? Jeg snakker litt norsk. Jeg studerer nå i Norge for 6 månadene. Jeg kommer fra Tyskland. ;)

på engelsk ;) :

Hi

do you speak Norwegian? I speak a little bit Norwegian. I study in Norway for 6 months now. I come from Germany

Believe me or not: I understood everything you said, but never read or intentionally listened to Norwegian before - fascinating! :spock:

Maybe I shall try to learn a bit?

betasilie
2003-10-14, 02:16:00
Believe me or not: I understood everything you said, but never read or intentionally listened to Norwegian before - fascinating! :spock:

Please give us a taste of your translation. :naugty:

MadManniMan
2003-10-14, 02:17:26
Original geschrieben von betareverse
Please give us a taste of your translation. :naugty:

Hm... maybe you could use an "h" and/or glasses? *hinthint*

ScottManDeath
2003-10-14, 02:35:14

@MadManniMann

Yeah, that's the same I encountered, reading Norwegian is the easiest one. It gets more difficult to write and speaking is quite easy, except the "y" vowel which is something between the German "i" and "ü". I am here now since 2 months and slowly I get a feeling for the language. But one thing I learned is that one has to be busy to learn. I think you can imagine that learning without beeing forced to learn can be quite difficult because most of the lessons I attend are in English. And I am sure if one of the native Norwegians (if any are hanging around here ;) ) will read my "tries" they will be quite amused.......

It seems that you didn't grow up in Norway, did you? So maybe its an good idea to learn Norwegian, at least a little bit. Maybe one of your family speaks Norwegian.

Ha de bra

@mods: if this gets OT, please feel free to split or push around ;)

betasilie
2003-10-14, 03:01:13
Hm... maybe you could use an "h" and/or glasses? *hinthint*
You´ve missed a "h", i miss your tranlation. :asshole: :naughty:

ScottManDeath
2003-10-14, 15:20:14
...i miss your tranlation. :asshole: :naughty:

just check the second part of my first posting. ;)

betasilie
2003-10-14, 16:28:33
just check the second part of my first posting. ;)
Yes, a Mod should split a "Manni the Norwegian"-Thread off. :D

MadManniMan
2003-10-14, 23:36:38
It seems that you didn't grow up in Norway, did you? So maybe its an good idea to learn Norwegian, at least a little bit. Maybe one of your family speaks Norwegian.

Hm, I expressed myself vaguely. My origin is not really Norway, but Quedlinburg in Sachsen-Anhalt ;)
My grandfather paternal was born in Norway, but migrated to Germany in his early childhood. Later he married a doughter of a Norwegian and a German.
My gradnfather on the mothers side was also born in Norway, but lost his parents and got foster parents who shuttled between Norway and Germany, till they finally stood in Silesia. He married a German woman.
The only apparent Norwegian attribute of mine is my second name: Johnsen.

All my grandparents are dead and I dont know about any natively Norwegian speaking relatives of em.

MadManniMan
2003-10-14, 23:37:31
You´ve missed a "h", i miss your tranlation. :asshole: :naughty:

Another "s" for u ;)

ScottManDeath
2003-10-15, 02:00:57
Ok, so maybe your Norwegian blood made it possible to understand my (still bad) norsk quite easily ;)

I think it's a good idea to learn Norwegian, because then you can communicate with people from Sweden and Denmark. I know one Finish student here which comes from the western part of Finland, where they both speak Swedish and Finnish. She is able to understand the Norwegians and the Norwegians understand her. The pronouncation is a little bit different, but mostly similar; as the spelling.
One of the Norwegians told me that if you speak Norwegian with your mouth filled with food, it sounds like Danish ;D

The reason lies in history because Norway was a Danish colony for over 400 years. The Norwegians have two slightly different languages, Bokmål, which was influenced by the Danish during the occupation and Nynorsk (spoken by 15% of the people), a try to make a "real" Norwegian after Norway got independent. At school they learn both kinds. The differences are for example in the endings of the words (studenter(B) vs. studentar(N) == the students) And until 1905 Norway and Sweden were ruled by the same king. So the languages are quite similar in those countries.

For a native German speaker, it's mostly possible to figure out the content of a text because many words are just very similar to the German words, For example "endlich" is "endelig" ( == "finally") or "bedingungslos" is "betingelsesløs" (== "unconditionally" )

IMO Norwgian is a strange mixture out of English and German :D

So long....

betasilie
2003-10-16, 01:10:05
Another "s" for u ;)
Ich you are able to prompt it better with my
http://www.binarybox.net/tastatur.jpg
keyboard, i will sell you this unicum for only 10 bucks. :punch:

We´re still waiting for a example of your english-norwegian-translation-ability. :naughty:

Asuka
2003-10-16, 18:40:18
I'd say that Norsk is much closer to German than to English... a native German speaker most times could figure out the meaning without actually having learned it, but a native English speaker might have a hard time there.

ScottManDeath
2003-10-16, 20:24:26
Yes, that's correct, its more similiar to German than to English. But some words are quite comparable to the English. So it will be easiest if one can speak German and English in Norway, also because many Norwegians learn German as theirs second language after English. One thing I encountered is, that if they are drunken a little bit, they all speak German ;)

MadManniMan
2003-10-18, 01:41:02
IMO Norwgian is a strange mixture out of English and German :D

Hm, sound interesting. I spot a small chance to learn it success, as I am have the ability of speak a some English and too German.

?-)

MadManniMan
2003-10-18, 01:42:06
Beta... aint really your KB? :schlag:

BTW: Post somethin in Norwegian and Ill do my best!

ScottManDeath
2003-10-18, 03:45:42
Hei

Jeg kommer fra byen. Vi har ha spøken den. Jeg er ikke edru.

I told you that the Norwegians speak a quite fine English and German when they are drunken,.....well same for me. ;)

This night dowtown i practised my little knwoledge of Norwegian....the natives understood me...... so now I have enough motivation to learn vocabulary and grammar.

Har deg bra....

med mange hilsene
ScottManDeath

ScottManDeath
2003-10-18, 03:47:56
unskyld for dobbeltpost

Asuka
2003-10-18, 15:40:13
Hei

Jeg kommer fra byen nå. Vi har ha spøken den. Jeg er ikke edru.

I told you that the Norwegians speak a quite fine English and German when they are drunken,.....well same for me. ;)

This night dowtown i practised my little knwoledge of Norwegian....the natives understood me...... so now I have enough motivation to learn vocabulary and grammar.

Har deg bra....

med mange hilsene
ScottManDeath Now there's a double post :freak:

I'll give it a try:
"I come from ???. ??? spoken ???. I ???."
Hmm, can't figure out too much... No idea about the rest, but the last probably means something like "Mit freundlichen Grüßen" (Best wishes).