PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Tell about your ancestry

Asuka
2003-10-16, 19:10:03
Inspired by the "Manni the Norwegian" thread, I thought it would be nice if we had a thread where everyone could tell about his (or her) ancestry. I'll make the beginning myself :D

On my father's side, my great-grandmother was a dancer at a British theater, and my great-grandfather was an artist from Paris. After marrying, they both lived in Paris. Later, my grandparents moved from France to Germany when they were young (about the area where I live now). My grandmother was the first female streetcar (Straßenbahn) driver in this area =)
On my mother's side, my grandparents came from Italy (probably the area around Naples) and settled here, where my grandfather was now working as a miner. He was earning quite good there, so my grandmother stayed at home as housewife. Later, my grandfather got involved in a mine accident and couldn't work there any longer because of his injuries. However, he got a good recompensation and was then working as a baker.

So, in effect, it's a nice mix of some British, French and Italian blood :D

nggalai
2003-10-17, 00:41:21
Hola,

Well, I'm as Swiss as it gets. I can trace my family back to the 9th century A.D., when the Ernis became the main oppressing force in the Grisons. We even received our coat of arms, officially, by the Habsburg blokes a couple of centuries later--might not sound that impressive, but if you keep in mind that Switzerland is No.2 in density-of-coat-of-arms worldwide (just after GB), and hardly anybody got theirs the "proper" way, that's something. We used to be the kind of guys who drew and quartered peasants who didn't pay their taxes, the like. You get the idea. ;D

There's a slight Italian twist to my genes as well, but we're talking 1/1000 or something, here. *shrug* Hence, I'm short and hairy rather than tall and blond. ;)

-Sascha.rb

mapel110
2003-10-18, 06:02:38
I am coming from germany. my whole family comes from germany since 5 or 6 genrations. pretty boring, I know, but I dont wanna lie :D

GUNDAM
2003-10-18, 09:40:11
All my grandparents came after the second World War from East-Prussia to Germany.

Braincatcher
2003-10-18, 13:31:16
My mom's mother came from Poland, but unfortunately, I've never seen her. My father has his roots somewhere in Scandinavia, but don't ask me where. Even my grandgrandgrandparents were born in Germany.

Aqualon
2003-11-04, 20:43:46
My family lives in Bavaria since ~1416. So there´s nothing really exciting to tell ;)

Aqua

cr33per
2003-11-17, 18:11:17
I'm a Half-Pole. My father lives here since his birth, but my mother came her 15 years ago. My Grandmother and Grandfather on both sides are already dead, but i've never known them well, unfortunately. Sadly i don't know much more about my Ancestry.

Pappy
2003-11-19, 13:10:43
My father is from Syria. He came over to Germany in the early 70's, because he comitted desertion. He was afraid, that another war (after the six days war) could take place. My grandmother still lives in Syria. My grandfather came over with my dad an got married again. There was no problem to marry another woman, because in Syria you were allowed to be married with four women. So my grandmother accepted it.

My grandfather from my mothers side came from Berlin. He worked as a circus artist. He died when I was four five years old. My grandmother died before I was born.

smileyyy
2003-12-08, 19:41:11
Im a real Austrian

But my Grandfather from my fathers side comes from...Transsilvania (Dracula) he grew up in Siebenbürgen, great isnt it :-)
And his eyebrows are damn cool, and so are mine. :D