PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : ATI's RS300 gives Intel chipsets a good spanking

Tarkin
2003-11-13, 10:04:44
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12640

"ATI DRIVER engineers have just made a breakthrough in their chipset driver for the recent integrated solution Radeon 9100 IGP.
While I was testing this board it was clear that the only case in which Intel's i865PE was significantly better was in memory tests. I865GE should of course end up a little less fast since it has to take care of integrated graphics core and chipset memory for graphics as well.

We have a BIOS flashed MSI 7003 motherboard and fired up Sandra.

With a discrete card inside Geforce FX 5200 in AGP slot we got 4265 MB/4304 MB/s on the Albatron 865PE non integrated board, while ATI delivered 4252 MB/4260 MB/s with the new BIOS. This BIOS is just a few days old and still in heavy testing conditions, we might add, but should be ready quite soon.

When you use Radeon 9100 IGP integrated graphics ATI performance jumps from 3809/3806 MB/s to 3992/3994 MB/s in Sandra, becoming really competitive with i865GE boards in memory performance I reckon.

In graphics application ATI is already beating the i865 GE core by a huge amount and since boards are likely to cost less then $70 USD retail it will be a very attractive alternative for Intel with respectable integrated graphics.

I have to add that this performance comes from less expensive memory interface compared to Intel's 865GE since ATI wanted to save cost, but the driver boys and girls can get you a few hundreds MB/s more I guess. ATI has done a good job here."

cool! :)

LOCHFRASS
2003-11-13, 18:02:47
Dieser pseudo-Benchmark sagt rein gar nichts über die RAM Performance aus...