PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : EA Techsupport

huha
2003-11-27, 22:58:32
Morgen!

Welche Erfahrungen habt ihr schon mit dem EA Techsupport gemacht? Irgendwie scheints mir gerade, daß die ziemlich, nunja, ich nenns mal "dumm" sind und nur Standardantworten geben... :eyes:

-huha

2003-11-27, 23:12:20
Original geschrieben von huha
Morgen!

Welche Erfahrungen habt ihr schon mit dem EA Techsupport gemacht? Irgendwie scheints mir gerade, daß die ziemlich, nunja, ich nenns mal "dumm" sind und nur Standardantworten geben... :eyes:

-huha sie haben bei all meinen fragen keine standardantwort gegeben sondern es blieb bei der auto response mail....

naja was solls, nachdem se n support für cc2 komplett eingestellt haben kauf ich von dene eh nix mehr...

HIMOZ
2003-11-27, 23:14:34
Ach neeeee wirklich???
Nein im ernst ich habe noch nie bei einer Support Anfrage eine Vernünftige Antwort bekommen. Wenn ich mal so auf die schnelle überlege.. Anfrage bei Ubi Soft Rayman 2 funtzt nicht auf ATI Karten- keine Antwort. Anfrage bei ASUS A7V133 Board Rechner freezt dauernd eines der ersten mit dem berüchtigten VIA Bug keine Antwort, ATI wegen des Rayman Probs nur Standard Antworten obwohl das Problem bekannt ist. Nein mir fällt keine Antwort einer Supportanfrage ein die irgendwie gefruchtet hätte.

huha
2003-11-27, 23:14:59
Nachdem ich eine lustige Antwort gekriegt hab, die alles bisher dagewesene in den Schatten stellt, werde ich nun mal die gesamte Konveration posten, da sie einfach... lustig ist.

Erstmal meine Problembeschreibung: Ich habe in SimCity4 eine Stadt, die nicht mehr richtig laden will, d.h. das Spiel wirft mich auf den Desktop zurück, kurz nachdem die Stadt geladen wurde. Das Spiel läuft aber sonst 100% stabil, gut und schnell, es ist *nur diese eine stadt*

Und los geht's:

Customer - 11/26/2003 07:49 AM
Hello!

I have built a City on a small lot with difficulty 2 stars. I have been playing the city for several weeks.
When I wanted to load it a few days ago, the city loaded fine, but the game crashed to the desktop about one or two seconds after the city was displayed.
This is quite annoying as I'd really like to play this city. Are there any ways to recover the city?
All other cities work just fine.

Thanks in advence,
-Felix

Problembeschreibung mehr oder weniger (un)verständlich abgeschickt, warten wir mal die Antwort ab... diese kommt einige Stunden später...

Response (Box XXXXXXXXX) - 11/26/2003 05:42 PM
Hello Felix

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support,

We always recommend closing out any programs running in the background, which may conflict or take up valuable resources, which the game may require to be free. With Windows 2000 it's a bit more difficult to determine which processes are run by the system, versus those run by the user that can be disabled. As it's nearly impossible to know which programs are running on a single users system, we can't recommend using the Task Manager to manually end the processes.

Be sure to disable any Antivirus programs, crash guards, file sharing programs, instant messengers or any other software currently running. Some of these might have an icon in the bottom right hand corner near your clock and be sure to close any other programs you have open at the moment. Usually you can right click on these icons near your clock and they should give you the option to Close, Exit or Disable it.

Please respond back to me if you have anymore issues concerning the game.

Auto-Response - 11/26/2003 07:49 AM
Title: Sim City 4 Rush Hour (PC) CRASH - Game crashes randomly
Link: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12754&p_created=1068484526

Title: Sim City 4 Rush Hour (PC) CRASH - My game pauses or locks up periodically.
Link: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12743&p_created=1068246638

Title: Sim City 4 Rush Hour (PC) ERROR - I get an error with Graphics Rules.sgr when at
Link: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12171&p_created=1064501724

Title: Sim City 4 Rush Hour (PC) CRASH - Game does not start; no splash screen
Link: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12740&p_created=1068246282

Diese Antwort war ja noch recht "normal", allerdings wurde schonmal nicht auf mein eigentliches Problem eingegangen bzw. die Tatsache nicht beachtet, daß ja der Rest des Spiels wunderbar tut. Egal, ich hab die Ratschläge trotzdem befolgt, weil ich gerade langeweile hatte... nachdem das nicht so recht funktionieren wollte, schrieb ich eine Antwort. Außerdem hab ich noch ne dxdiag.txt mitgeschickt, daß die sich daran mal austoben können sowie meine Konfiguration beschrieben:

Customer - 11/27/2003 10:22 AM
Hello and thanks for the quick reply!

I closed every programs running in the background, but there was no success. All other cities run just fine and I am able to play the game except of this one particular city.
My Computer has the following components:
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+
RAM: 2x512 MB Infineon PC2700
Mainboard: ASUS A7N8x deluxe rev. 1.04
HDD: 2x120 GB Maxtor, about 80% free
Graphics card: Hercules 3d Prophet 9700 pro

Both Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering are turned off when playing SimCity.
I have also tried runnign SC4 in a window, but this did not help either.
I think that the city savegame file is somehow corrupt but I do not know exactly, as I have not programmed SC4 ;)
I have attached a dxdiag.txt file created by dxdiag, just in case this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
-Felix

Heute Abend ist eine durchaus lustige E-Mail in meiner Inbox anzutreffen, die die Krönung der Konversation darstellt... enjoy X-D

Response (Box jemand anderes, nicht der von vorher) - 11/27/2003 01:01 PM
Hello, thank you for contacting us.

It sounds like you are having a video display issue. Usually, these types of issues can be fixed by one of the following methods:

1. Check your display settings and make sure that the color palette is set to Highcolor 16bit and 800x600 screen area. To do this, follow the steps below:

- Right-click on any open space on your desktop.
- Left-click the word "properties".
- Left-click the "settings" tab on the Display Properties panel.

Your computers' display settings should be listed here. The color palette settings are to the left while the desktop resolution, or "screen area" is to the right.

2. Try updating the driver for your video card. To update the driver for your videocard, first determine what type of videocard you have. This information can be found in the Directx Diagnostic Tool panel. To run the Directx diagnostic tool and determine which type of video card you have, follow the steps below:

- Click the "start" button on your Windows system tray.
- Click the "run" option.
- Type DXDIAG in the box that appears.
- Click "ok".

The Directx Diagnostic tool will appear on your screen.

- Left-click the "display" tab.

On this tab you will see an area labled "Device" in the top left-hand corner of the panel. Your video card type is listed in this section under "name". Each video card manufacturer has a different website. A quick web search typing in the name of your video card should direct you to their site. Once there, look for a "download driver" section, and follow the steps on the web page for updating your video driver.

3. If you have DirectX 7.0 I would suggest re-installing it on your system. You can do this using the one included on your game CD. To do this;

- Double-click on My Computer.
- Right-click on your CD-ROM drive that the game is in and select Explore; usually titled with the name of the game you are installing.
- Double-click on the folder labeled DirectX. If you do not see a folder labeled DirectX on your CD you can do a search on it by using the Find function.

- Click on Start - Find (Under other versions of Windows it will be labeled Search)
- Select the option Files and Folders.
- Type in DXSETUP.exe and click Find.hi
- Double-ckick on the DXSETUP file.

This will start the installation for DirectX. You can also run this file by clicking on Start - Run and typing in the following;

D:\DIRECTX\DXSETUP.EXE (d being the letter for your CD-ROM drive)

4. Reinstall DirectX, or download and install DirectX 8.1 from Microsoft's website at www.microsoft.com/directx.

5. It's also possible that your monitor is incorrectly configured or that the display driver you are using for your video card is incorrect. Check the Display control panel and make sure your monitor type is not set to VGA 640x480. If it is, try changing it to support the specific model of your monitor, or try using SVGA 800x600. If this fails to help you, try updating the driver for your video card by checking out the manufacturer's website.

So! Wirklich klasse! Hat jemand ne Idee, was ich zurückschriben kann? Langsam wird's nämlich lustig... :D

-huha

HellHorse
2003-11-28, 18:42:03
Original geschrieben von huha
So! Wirklich klasse! Hat jemand ne Idee, was ich zurückschriben kann? Langsam wird's nämlich lustig... :D

-huha
Installier das ganze mal Testweise auf einem G5 unter Linux und VMWare. :D

Piffan
2003-11-28, 19:42:12
Ich hab jetzt den Kram von EA nicht gelesen...aber zum Prob: Könnte es sein, dass ein Speichermangel vorliegt? Vielleicht ist deine Stadt mittlerweile einfach zu fett und sprengt den Rahmen? Auslagerungsdatei ok? AGP- Aperture Ok?

Mit ist das passiert, als ich in Gothic 2 die Sichtweite dezent erhöht habe und vom Turm ins Land sehen wollte.....

huha
2003-11-28, 20:21:04
Glaub' mir, ich hab schon genug Speicher ;)
Das Problem ist einfach, daß das Savegame irgendwie korrupt ist. Ich vermute, daß *irgendein* Problem mit der Pfadfindungsengine vorliegt, da diese Stadt sehr sehr viele verworrene Verkehrswege besitzt ;)
Ich spiele auch andere Städte mit viel mehr Einwohnern auf viel größeren Geländen (=höherer Speicherbedarf) und da ist mir das noch nicht passiert... :)
Ich schreib jetzt einfach mal was zurück.

-huha

2003-11-29, 04:07:35
Original geschrieben von HIMOZ
Ach neeeee wirklich???
Nein im ernst ich habe noch nie bei einer Support Anfrage eine Vernünftige Antwort bekommen. Wenn ich mal so auf die schnelle überlege.. Anfrage bei Ubi Soft Rayman 2 funtzt nicht auf ATI Karten- keine Antwort. Anfrage bei ASUS A7V133 Board Rechner freezt dauernd eines der ersten mit dem berüchtigten VIA Bug keine Antwort, ATI wegen des Rayman Probs nur Standard Antworten obwohl das Problem bekannt ist. Nein mir fällt keine Antwort einer Supportanfrage ein die irgendwie gefruchtet hätte. also bisher habe ich von westwood, blizzard und id recht brauchbare antworten bekommen...