PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : MS Intellimouse Explorer & Linux

huha
2003-12-28, 20:25:05
Morgen!

Ich sitze gerade vor meinem frisch installierten Fedora :) und krieg' schier die Krise:

Meine MS Intellimouse Explorer besitzt zwei Zusatzbuttons. Diese habe ich in Windows mit "vor" und "zurück" belegt.
Wie krieg' ich das mit Linux auch hin? Als Webbrowser wird Mozilla verwendet. Leider habe ich (noch) keine Ahnung in Sachen Linux. Kann mir irgendjemand helfen?

Danke!

-huha

GUNDAM
2003-12-28, 20:39:18
Das würd ich auch gern wissen wie das geht. Bei mir unter Suse 8.2 weis ich auch nicht wie man die mit einer Funktion belegen kann.

Ajax
2003-12-28, 20:43:44
Ich zitiere:

Getting the most of Microsoft Explorer mouse

Quite a while ago I got a Microsoft Explorer optical mouse with two side buttons. Unfortunately for me, I have to work with windows in the office where I developed a habit of using those buttons. Windows driver allows you to use them as navigation shortcuts for “go back” and “go forward” commands. So, I started looking for a way to put them to work in Linux. After several days of intensive search on the Internet I wasn't able to find anything but bunch of people looking for the same answer. That's why I've decided to put together several things you may want to try. It seems to be a way to use up to 7 buttons on any mouse supported by XFree86 project.

Introduction

If you have a mouse with “extra” buttons and want to use them under Linux, this page could give you some ideas. I've tested this solution only using Microsoft Explorer Optical mouse versions 2 and 3.
Configuring XFree

The very first thing you need is to make sure your mouse properly configured. It's imperative that your X Windows server can handle all your mouse buttons. A mouse with 4 buttons and a wheel really has 7 buttons (four buttons plus three buttons in the wheel). XFree provides support for several mouse with more than two buttons, check out XFree86 project's web site for.

My Microsoft Explorer mouse comes with USB interface along with USB-to-PS/2 adapter. I'm not sure, but it seems to be XFree supports 7 buttons for this mouse only when using PS/2 protocol. Just put the adapter on and plug your mouse into PS2 port. My XFree configuration file mouse section looks something like this:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "Buttons" "7"
EndSection

Don't forget to restart X Windows after modifying the configuration. Now it's time to verify whether all the buttons are visible or not. Open a console and run “xev” command, move mouse cursor over the new window and hit every button on your mouse, push the wheel and turn it both ways. You should see an event in console window for every action like ButtonPress and ButtonRelease. If every button generates a response, congratulations! You'll be able to use them all. Otherwise try to read your X Windows documentations and get a better config (or mouse).

The next step is necessary to keep scrolling functionality in applications that support scrolling by wheel. Unfortunately, all the applications I've tested use buttons 4 and 5 for scrolling, option “ZaxisMapping” in the config file seems to be ignored. To keep them working it's necessary to remap mouse buttons (switch 6, 7 and 4,5). it could be achived by the next command:

/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

this command has to be executed after each start of X Windows. I put it into a script in my xinitrc.d subdirectory.

Putting extra buttons to use

Now, when X Windows sees all the buttons, the last step is to find a way how to use them. My primary targets where Mozilla and Konqueror. Fortunately for me, both of them are using Alt+left/Alt+right combinations for navigation. So, the last problem is how to translate mouse events into keys. That's where imwheel project comes very handy. This program was designed to solve this very problem. I always wanted to say thank you to the author, Jonathan Atkins. His effort made my Linux experience much more enjoyable!

All I was interested in is to translate buttons 6 and 7 into Alt+Left and Alt+Right regardless of the current window. My imwheelrc looks like this:

".*"
None, Up, Alt_L|Left
None, Down, Alt_L|Right

it means map first defined button to Alt+Left and the second to Alt+Right for any window. It's possible to tell imwheel which buttons you're want to handle (switch -b), in my case it would be 6 and 7. Once again, this program has to be started every time you start X Windows. My script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
[ -r /etc/sysconfig/mouse ] && . /etc/sysconfig/mouse

# M$ Explorer mouse hack
/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

BINARY=$(which imwheel)

$BINARY -p -b "67"

# imwheel ends here

if you configured imwheel properly, everything should be ok by now.

Hope you enjoy your Linux!

Alex Baiko

Ich hoffe, das hilft.

So long Ajax

Ajax
2003-12-28, 20:48:08
Das würd ich auch gern wissen wie das geht. Bei mir unter Suse 8.2 weis ich auch nicht wie man die mit einer Funktion belegen kann.

Hier der Link für SuSE 8.2

Link zu Linuxforen .... (http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/showthread.php?threadid=98589&highlight=Maustasten)

So long Ajax

GUNDAM
2003-12-28, 21:01:18
Original geschrieben von Ajax
Hier der Link für SuSE 8.2

Link zu Linuxforen .... (http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/showthread.php?threadid=98589&highlight=Maustasten)

So long Ajax

Danke, werds mal testen obs klappt.