PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Was ist mit Glexcess los?

pietblank
2004-02-15, 10:23:39
Wollte vor einigen Tagen mal gucken, ob sich etwas bezüglich Glexcess 2.0 tut, aber die Webseite ist nicht erreichbar... Jetzt könnte man denken, hmm ist jetzt Schluss mit Glexcess? Oder ist die Version 2.0 im Anmarsch?

Das bringt Stoff für Spekulationen.

Gruß
Piet

Godmode
2004-02-15, 10:31:24
Original geschrieben von pietblank
Wollte vor einigen Tagen mal gucken, ob sich etwas bezüglich Glexcess 2.0 tut, aber die Webseite ist nicht erreichbar... Jetzt könnte man denken, hmm ist jetzt Schluss mit Glexcess? Oder ist die Version 2.0 im Anmarsch?

Das bringt Stoff für Spekulationen.

Gruß
Piet

kannst du mich mal aufklären was Glexcess ist?

pietblank
2004-02-15, 12:12:50
Es ist (meiner Meinung nach) eines der besten OpenGL-Benchmarks... Die Version 2.0 ist schon länger in der Mache, hier (http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/r350/index6.htm) findest du ein paar Sceenshots.

Gruß
Piet

Raff
2004-02-15, 13:01:57
Das ist doch ein 1-Mann-Projekt, oder? Naja, das kann eben dauern. Und vielleicht ist die Page nur down, weil gerade alle den GLXS 2.0 von da ziehen. ;)
Die Screens sehen ja schon mal vielversprechend aus.

MfG,
Raff

deekey777
2005-02-24, 01:02:46
Ich grab mal den Thread aus. :D
Glexcess 2: The progress (http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=69020)
"Well I know quite a few of you guys have been expecting GLEXCESS2 before now and I still get quite a few emails from members and visitors regarding the progress of bustard's glexcess2 as some of you know im really good friends with him and we share a love of great guitar players (who didnt spot the image of steve vai in the first one? tsk tsk). I have been meaning to post information on this earlier than today but ive been busy testing some hardware and between that and other real life situations its hard finding enough hours in the day.

Anyway for the remainder of you reading this and wondering what on earth im talking about, Paolo is the author of one of the most popular opengl benchmarks amongst the GFX community www.glexcess.com which was released many years ago. Unfortunately the follow up to this opengl test suite has been continually delayed and I have some information for you. Paolo has been really busy in his new job coding for a living ! He has assured me he is going to try and make an effort to get the benchmark out sometime this year but he can't make any promises on a firm date. Real life has caught up with Paolo and money earning work has taken the priority !

Some of you may remember we posted some pictures from an alpha version of this benchmark last year and although its not much compensation I can share some more unfinished images and design implementations from the forthcoming GLX2 - follow this thread into the forum. I have in my possession an unfinished version of the benchmark but as you would expect I cant share that.

Enjoy these pictures and hopefully, fingers crossed ill have some more good news for you as the year progresses. In the meantime be sure to check out the cool Driverheaven screensavers he made - follow the links in the top left front page nav section."

Wenn ich dabei an die früheren (häßlichen) Bilder... Wow!!!

Neo69
2005-02-27, 15:02:13
ja glexcess damals war richtig cool, was der aus meiner voodoo3 noch gezaubert hat konnte ich gar nicht glauben *g* (das war before es das als benchmark gab, nur so als demo) auch diese stadt am schluss beim abspann...sehr hübsch.

aber daran sieht man mal wie lange das schon her ist...naja aber kann man verstehen dass er alleine das nicht mal eben hinkriegt. schade.

The_Invisible
2005-02-27, 17:18:23
tja, ist eben immer so bei einem 1mann projekt... wenn da einer ausfällt oder nicht kann, ist keienr da zum einspringen

mfg