PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Q: Numerous bugs reported in Intel Prescott Pentium 4

BorderBitch
2004-06-25, 16:40:21
For those who still live behind the moon in germany =) and don't have a look at websites which are faster in particular cases of reporting news.

Quote Neowin : (i am sorry again to do that :)
----------------------------------------------------------
A DAY AFTER Intel released five LGA 775 chips, the firm reported a list of bugs in its Pentium 4 Prescott produced at 90 nanometres. The report, dated 22nd of June 2004, show some interesting examples of erratanotbugs. For example, R9 is described as "System bus interrupt messages without data which receive a hard failure response may hang the processor".

So far no workaround is available for this bug. R16 describes a system hanging as a result of a fatal cache error, while R19 describes a parity error in the L1 cache which could cause the processor to hang. There's no workaround for this one yet, in this stepping.
----------------------------------------------------------

Direct link to the article is the following :
http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=21687&category=main

Also you can find further links ...tbh, i like to hear shit from Intel from time to time... ;)

Tigerchen
2004-06-28, 06:16:15
AMD has a errata list,too.
So what?
Go home with your spam borderbitch.

BorderBitch
2004-06-28, 09:51:58
In compare to Intel AMD has fixed its problems via bios update. Intels hardware bugs cant be solved like this.

Don't understand your comment as its no spam, its that whats true but well ...everyone his sheep.

Tigerchen
2004-06-28, 12:01:52
Original geschrieben von BorderBitch
In compare to Intel AMD has fixed its problems via bios update. Intels hardware bugs cant be solved like this.

Don't understand your comment as its no spam, its that whats true but well ...everyone his sheep.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/25759.pdf

I don't think that all problems are fixed.
Can you show me a BIOS update from AMD? I've never seem one. When i want to make a BIOS update i go to the mainboard manufactor's website. And I don't now what is inside the new BIOS. And a lot of errors can't be fixed with a BIOS-Update.

Endorphine
2004-06-28, 15:21:14
The microcode update device is an invention from Intel Corp.