PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Cat.4.7@Win9* doch echt neu, News falsch?!

MountWalker
2004-08-02, 12:48:11
Ja, ich frage mich ob die Meldung, dass der aktuelle Catalyst 4.7 für Windows 9*/Me wirklich nur ein neuverlabelter 4.3 sei so wirklich stimmt, da ich in den Comments bei Computerbase.de und inHardware.de vom User "Mikedie" gelesen habe, dem das Problem der Versionsnummern auch auffiel, der aber eine Antwort aus dem Rage3D-Forum erhielt, ich stell sie mal kurz hierrein:

original geschrieben von Mikedie @ http://www.computerbase.de/news/treiber/grafikkarten/ati/2004/juli/ati_catalyst_47_windows_98_me/

hab ne antwort+releasenotes ausm rage3d.com forum von nem Catalystmaker:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Komb. I will double check to make sure we didnt make a packaging mistake, however I dont expect the internal components to have different version.
We did make changes to the 2D, OGL, 3D components. I will have to make sure we didnt post the same thing.

The release notes were just delayed but here is all that will be in them basically.

PS. I notice nobody has reported a problem in this thread. Can I assume we have no outstanding bugs?

PS. the reason I dont expect version number to change is because the version number gets created from our automated driver build system (actually a product called Remedy). I know that win9x stream was taken out of that system and now is being manually maintained.

3DMark01SE: Running the game demo no longer results in the Windows ME operating system failing to respond when two or more monitors are connected to the system and clone mode is enabled
3DMark01SE: Running the benchmark in a loop over a long period time no longer results in the Windows 98SE (Chinese Simplified version) failing to respond when an ATI RADEON™ 9550 is installed
3DMark01SE: Looping the demo under Windows 98SE and hitting the ESC key to exit the application no longer results in display corruption being seen
Rise On Nation / Silent Storm: The Windows ME operating system no longer fails to respond while playing these games when an ATI RADEON™ 9550 or 9600 series installed
Silent Sam: Setting the refresh rate to the highest possible setting for the display resolution of 1024x768 16bpp no longer results in display corruption being seen and the Windows ME operating system failing to respond
Selecting the option to restart Windows ME in DOS mode no longer results in a blank display when using only a television as the display device
The translation to simplified chinese for the AGP Settings found the Advanced settings of SmartGart is now displayed correctly
Connecting a television as the secondary display device and selecting the option to Extend My Windows Desktop on to this Monitor now results in the television display becoming enabled
Setting the AGP speed in the ATI Control Panel from 4x to 1x and rebooting the system as required no longer results in the Windows ME operating system failing to successfully reboot
The ATI RADEON 9550 is now identified correctly in the Adapter tab of the Advanced Display Properties under Windows ME

Demnach gibt es also deutliche Unterschiede zum 4.3 und die fehlenden neuen Versionsnummern seien nur darauf zurückzuführen, dass eben die Win 9*/Me Treiber nicht mehr im automatisierten Treiberversionsystem Remedy verzeichnet sind und von diesem auch keine neuen Versionsnummern erhalten haben. Glaubt man dieser Antwort ist die Aussage, der aktuelle 4.7 für Windows 9*/ME sei nur ein umgelabelter 4.3 schlichtweg falsch!

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn ihr da noch einmal nachrecherschiert. ;)

Mit freundlichen Grüszen
MountWalker