PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : DSC: When is a Q3PointRelease129fBETA DSC Release Due?

Unregistered
2001-06-19, 08:11:15
Hey, it's Cache from Cached and i'm just wondering when is a Q3PointRelease129fBETA DSC Release Due?

thanks

Cache

http://www.cached.net

RAL
2001-06-19, 15:28:58
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hey, it's Cache from Cached and i'm just wondering when is a Q3PointRelease129fBETA DSC Release Due?

thanks

Cache

http://www.cached.net

Hi,

At Sunday I will release a DSC update which is able to play dm_66 demos. Don't expect "demoparsing" (-> properties of a dm_66 demo) for it. The new protocol 66 netcode seems to be totally different from what we had before.

Unregistered
2001-06-19, 15:33:33
Originally posted by RAL

Hi,

At Sunday I will release a DSC update which is able to play dm_66 demos. Don't expect "demoparsing" (-> properties of a dm_66 demo) for it. The new protocol 66 netcode seems to be totally different from what we had before.

What's demoparsing?

Unregistered
2001-06-19, 16:21:35
I think that by 'demoparsing' RAL means the ability to right-click on a demo and export its properties to the little Properties window. You know, the list of players, their stats, the Impressives, Flag Caps, etc. Am I wrong, RAL?

Unregistered
2001-06-19, 17:04:49
Hello there RAL, it's the Alliance guy again. Will the next DSC also feature version-switching from 1.17-1.27-1.29, or 1.27-1.29, etc.?

Also, suppose I have demos from the 1.27 version of a mod, and I now have the 1.29 version of the mod. Will I need to keep the 1.27 version of the mod, to play 1.27 demos from that mod? Or is the version switching something that happens in quake3.exe?

RAL
2001-06-19, 20:42:23
I think that by 'demoparsing' RAL means the ability to right-click on a demo and export its properties to the little Properties window. You know, the list of players, their stats, the Impressives, Flag Caps, etc. Am I wrong, RAL?

You are right.

Hello there RAL, it's the Alliance guy again. Will the next DSC also feature version-switching from 1.17-1.27-1.29, or 1.27-1.29, etc.?
Also, suppose I have demos from the 1.27 version of a mod, and I now have the 1.29 version of the mod. Will I need to keep the 1.27 version of the mod, to play 1.27 demos from that mod? Or is the version switching something that happens in quake3.exe?

Yes version switch 1.17 <-> 1.27h <-> 1.29f will be there. You don't have to download the old Q3A PR's to do so.

In general you must switch the mod version too to be able to play old mod demos. For example, to be able to play 1.17 compatible RA3 demos and 1.27h compatible RA3 demos, you must switch the Q3A version and also the RA3 version.

Now with three incompatible Q3A version and the corresponding mod versions the whole thing is little fiddly and I must think about different installation packages for DSC.

SexualChocolate
2001-06-19, 23:14:58
Well, RAL, you're hard-core. Take your time, we appreciate your efforts. For what it's worth, I regularly recommend your awesome app to everybody who could possibly be interested, and many who could not.

Let's put our hands together for RAL! (**APPLAUSE**)

Unregistered
2001-06-21, 20:58:35
will it be able to convert 1.7 and 2.27 demos to 1.29 via a built-in converter?
that would be sweeet. BTW you guys ROCK..

Unregistered
2001-06-21, 22:10:40
Thanks RAL

drop me an email when it's released

thanks

Cache

Unregistered
2001-06-21, 23:30:01
RAL is it sunday yet ? Oops

RAL <- genius !

RAL
2001-06-22, 00:05:44
will it be able to convert 1.7 and 2.27 demos to 1.29 via a built-in converter?
that would be sweeet. BTW you guys ROCK..

Nope, it will change the q3a version on-the-fly for replaying demos.

Personally I believe a demo converter will last a while, since the new demo code is compressed, apart from the (likely) other network code changes. It would be a job for id to release a converter! Otherwise the "community" again must hack the new network code. I have not the knowledge, not the time and not the will to try to do it, but for sure it would help DSC much. On the other hand, the next DSC version will be able to play the very most of the dm_66 demos, but not all, since it cannot look for the mod type of a demo. In general DSC don't know which mod it should launch to play dm_66 demos (the information about it is in the comressed packet data). The interims solution for the next DSC version is to play dm_66 demos always as cpma demos, since cpma can handle at least baseq3, cpma, osp and ra3 demos. And these demo types are the very most inmportant ones, aren't they? Thanks to arQon :-))
So for the most possible comatibilty (for now) for playing demos, you will need DSC and the newest cpma. It's a very kewl mod, so most of you will have it anyway. The old Q3A PR's are not needed, since I have found a way to patch the 1.29f exe to get the 1.27h and the 1.17 exe as a result of the patch process.

Probably tomorrow night (at least on sunday) I will release a DSC light version without the main window. It's the player/properties only version. The full version will follow later. There are yet some open tasks with completely drag&drop support with windows and file/folder change notifications from Windows to DSC.

DSC light will support the follwing:

-manually (via shortcuts) and automatically version switch for all three versions. This kind of version switching is flexible, since you may extend yourself what files or even whole directories should be switched. It's importand for switching mod installations together with the q3a version. Examples/files for RA3 and Q3F will be again within the readme's.

-play demo(s) from within explorer.
double click a single demo or select multiple demos and then right click it and select "Play".

-properties from within explorer (empty for dm_66 demos).
playerdetails, save descriptions and so on. What you know from older versions.

-demo converter 1.17 -> 1.27h from windows explorer

-your q3aconfig.cfg's will be untouched. Before DSC plays a demo, it saves the original q3config and restores it after the demo replay.

-video mode setting: define a windowed and a fullscreen mode as you like it and select what way you would like to watch demos. Again these settings will not touch your q3config.cfg.

Also I'm working on a better playlist support. Demos from different versions and mods in one playlist. When this is done, I will extend the playlist management. You may double click on saved play lists to play the demos. But this likely not yet for the next version.