PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : GameBoy Evolution

schoppi
2005-01-28, 09:43:32
"The Next Game Boy

matt you seem down on the ds but what about the next game boy do you think that could compete with PSP?

Matt responds: Don't let my rants fool you. I'm not down on the DS. I'm just waiting to see its true potential realized. As for the next Game Boy, which I'll call Game Boy Evolution since this seems to be the popular title for it, I'm extremely optimistic.
Actually, based on things I've heard, the paths of the DS and GBE have intersected already. Sources claim that the idea for the next Game Boy took flight right about the same time GameCube launched. The device was merely supposed to be a portable GameCube. Nintendo was hoping to create a synergy between the two platforms. However, for whatever reason -- probably an inability to miniaturize the GameCube at a consumer-friendly price -- the Game Boy successor was abandoned. Instead, Nintendo opted to use an old piece of tech: a hardware dubbed Nitro that was originally developed to be an update to the Game Boy line during the PS1 era. At former NCL president Hiroshi Yamauchi's suggestion, the tech was enhanced with a second screen and later a touch-sensitive interface. Thus, the DS was born.

What's interesting is that work on Game Boy Evolution is allegedly further along than most of us would probably guess. And more intriguing still, sources claim that Nintendo is once again trying to make the machine a portable GameCube.

If that comes to fruition, I will likely be singing the praises of Game Boy Evolution from the very start. It would be an amazing accomplishment. The machine would have a potential library of 500 games from launch. Imagine being able to play Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wave Race, and Pikmin on the go. It's a Nintendo fan's dream come true."

http://cube.ign.com/mail/
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70152

drmaniac
2005-01-28, 11:04:08
schön wärs.

einen GBA-SP mit der Leistung eines gamecube wäre fein :)

den GBA-SP habe ich anfangs nur gekauft, weil er so genial handlich und klein war.

aber da wird ja noch viel spekuliert in dem Text... er würde ihn so und so nennen und "potential library of 500 games from launch" ist ja auch seeeehr weit gefasst. Wenn es danach gehe würde... könnte man bei der psp ja auch von einem p l von 1000 spielen ausgehen ;) aber nur p l ;)

smallB
2005-01-28, 11:08:25
"potential library of 500 games from launch" ist ja auch seeeehr weit gefasst.
Warum? Wenn er GC Spiele lesen/darstellen kann, hast du deine 500 Titel zusammen :P

schoppi
2005-01-28, 11:15:07
Warum? Wenn er GC Spiele lesen/darstellen kann, hast du deine 500 Titel zusammen :P
Genau und wer die PSP Cartridges bzw MiniDVD´s gesehen hat, kann sich auch gut die Gamecube-Kompatibilität vorstellen...