PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : DSC: light 1.1

RAL
2001-06-26, 18:15:55
What's new
---------------
More flexible Mod Settings (see "Options/Mod Settings"). Now you may play your demos with any of your installed mods.

Example: You have the newest OSP version for PR 1.29f installed. Your old 1.17 compatible OSP demos
will not run with your new OSP version. In previous versions you had to configure an OSP version
switch or to play old OSP demos as baseq3 demos. Now you may install an additional old OSP version
(into "[Your Q3A root Dir]\OSP_117" for example) which is compatible with PR 1.17 OSP demos.

In "Options/Mod Settings" set your 1.17 OSP demos to "OSP_117".

In general now you may decide whether you want to install an additional old version of your favorite mods or whether you want to configure version switching for your mods. The first way is much easier in general, but it consumes additional hd space. For smaller mods like OSP this
is the preferred way.

www.3dcenter.de/dsc/beta.php3

Last one for today ;-)

Unregistered
2001-06-26, 19:41:23
I really like you new conversion program for the new Quake PR. I have one comment though. When I convert from 1.29f to 1.17h to view some older demos my list of favorite servers is erased. Is there anyway to fix this? I figure it would be as simple as just copying out the servecache.dat file or renaming it so the info isnt lost. Right now I manually copy it out to keep from losing them. Just thought I would give a suggestion. Thanks for the program.

RAL
2001-06-26, 20:10:09
Originally posted by Unregistered
I really like you new conversion program for the new Quake PR. I have one comment though. When I convert from 1.29f to 1.17h to view some older demos my list of favorite servers is erased. Is there anyway to fix this? I figure it would be as simple as just copying out the servecache.dat file or renaming it so the info isnt lost. Right now I manually copy it out to keep from losing them. Just thought I would give a suggestion. Thanks for the program.

You could try the following:

1) Activate Q3 1.29f
2) Rename your Q3 1.27h servercache.dat to
servercache.127h and move it to your q3a root dir.

3) Create batch files, for example
the 129f_to_127h.bat:

<snip>

ren "C:\Quake III Arena\servercache.dat" servercache.129f
ren "C:\Quake III Arena\servercache.127h" servercache.dat
"C:\Program Files\DSC light\dsc.exe" /switch q3_127h

</snip>

DSC knows the following command line paramters for version switch

/switch q3_117
/switch q3_127h
/switch q3_129f

Now use your batch files for switching version instead of the shortcuts DSC has created for version switch.

hth,
RAL