PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Xbox 360 und HDR?

Jesus
2006-03-26, 14:48:43
Hi,

Ich bin irgendwie etwas enttäuscht vom HDR auf der Xbox 360. Bei PGR z.b. oder Oblivion ist der Effekt zwar deutlich zu sehen, aber irgendwie stört er mehr als das es zur Realistischen Beleuchtung beitragen würde.

Das Bild ist oft völlig schwarz, sodass man nichts mehr erkennt und auf den Boden schauen muss um noch den Weg zu sehen.

Liegt das jetzt daran dass die 360 nur fp10 HDR beherrscht oder an der jeweiligen implementierung der Games (PGR, Oblivion, GRAW sind afiak bisher die einzigen Titel die HDR bieten auf der 360, bei allen tritt diesen Phänomen auf). Wenn ich mir da so manches PC HDR Demo ansehe sieht das schon etwas realistischer aus und blendet auch nicht so krass, bzw. das "Auge" passt sich an (die Helligkeit wird dynamisch angepasst).

Coda
2006-03-26, 14:56:50
Das Bild ist oft völlig schwarz, sodass man nichts mehr erkennt und auf den Boden schauen muss um noch den Weg zu sehen.Das ist eigentlich genau das was Tonemapping verhindern sollte.

reunion
2006-03-26, 15:09:25
Liegt das jetzt daran dass die 360 nur fp10 HDR beherrscht oder an der jeweiligen implementierung der Games

Xenos kann sowohl FP10, als auch FP16 HDR - beides plus MSAA.

up¦²
2006-03-26, 15:12:54
BTW:
Werden mit der dunkelheit etwa performancelücken kompensiert?

-A hardware-assisted tile-rendering method called 'Predicated Tiling' is supplied as a library for Xbox 360 for the case when 10MB eDRAM is not sufficient, for example 64bit (FP16 * RGBA) HDR rendering + Z buffer + MRT in 720p. While it affects geometry processing with 1.2 - 1.3 times load, it doesn't affect pixel processing as there's no overlapping unlike geometry. As the result, it doesn't affect the total performance as pixel processing load is inherently larger than that of geometry.

Jesus
2006-03-26, 15:22:18
Das hab ich im B3D Forum gefunden:

The back buffer must be exported (or resolved) to main memory before its contents can be displayed or used as a source texture. In addition,
the color or depth-stencil buffer, or both, can be cleared when resolving at no extra cost in performance. The back buffer can be resolved to any of the shader memory export formats. Additionally, the back buffer can be resolved to
the DXT3A_AS_1_1_1_1 format and the depth-stencil buffer can be resolved to the 24:8 fixed-point or 24:8 floating-point formats.
The following render target formats are supported:
· 8:8:8:8 fixed point with blending
· 2:10:10:10 fixed point with blending
· 2:7e3:7e3:7e3 packed floating point with blending (add-only at full rate, other modes at half-rate)
· 16:16 fixed point with blending
· 16:16:16:16 fixed point with blending (at half-rate)
· 16:16 floating point without blending
· 16:16:16:16 floating point without blending (at half-rate)
· 32 floating point without blending
· 32:32 floating point without blending (at half-rate)
The 32-bit-per-pixel formats all operate at full rate; the 64-bit-per-pixel formats operate at half rate. The 32-bit packed floating-point format supports additive blending (SRC + DEST) at full rate, while other blending modes are half rate.
Both 2× and 4× multisampling are supported. On resolve, the GPU can downsample multisampled render targets and do format conversion. However, multisample downsampling is limited to blendable target formats.
The 8:8:8:8 fixed-point format can be gamma corrected using an approximation to the sRGB gamma 2.2 curve to convert from linear light space to gamma space on writes and to convert from gamma space to linear light space on reads.

I've emboldened what I think Oblivion is using for HDR with AA. This mode isn't available on any PC GPU.

I've highlighted in red the "HDR" format that's available on X1K - Xenos doesn't support AA for this format, while X1K does.

Edit:

und das hier:

Framebuffer bandwidth isn't really a problem in Xenos because of the eDRAM. The reason FP16 won't be used much is that Xenos apparently doesn't support FP16 blending or even AA resolve . You have to do blending manually via ping-pong (expensive for bandwidth), which can be quite a pain.

up¦²
2006-03-26, 15:37:08
BTW: der ganze tread ist ja interessant!
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29003&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Jawed posted Xenos' list on the previous page, and his comments clear up the PC side (well, except why FP10 needed encouragement ). Since I have no fear of redundance, and seeing as how I don't fear being redundant, I believe X1k offers everything Xk does plus FX10 and FP16 (with blend and MSAA for both). In fact, I think X1k does everything in that Xenos list except FP10 (2:7e3...)--and the fact that it offers blending with FP16.

FX means fixed point. FP means floating point. FX8 is the usual 32-bit color we've known and loved since, I dunno, Kingping and SoF exposed the ugly (green and purple) truth of 16-bit. It's 8 bit ints per component (ARGB). FX10 drops the A to 2b and ups the RGB to 10b each. FP10 appears to be Xenos' range/bandwidth compromise for a shared 128b UMA and not infinite EDRAM.

Ok thanks Pete, the result of all this would seem to be that X360 and the PC versions of the game use different render targets? i.e. if the xbox is using FP10 in order to allow MSAA with HDR the PC must be using something else because no PC GPU supports that target?

So the question is what target are they likely using on the PC and why did they choose it over FP16 or something else that at least the X1K series could have handles with MSAA + HDR.

Also, is FX10 the same as Int10?

Hvoralek
2006-03-28, 00:02:21
Um sicherzustellen, dass ich das richtig verstanden habe: Die xBox 360 hat keine FP16- Blending- Einheit? D.h. dass FP16-HDRR ziemlich langsam laufen würde - und man deswegen oft auf FP10 ausweichen wird. Verwendet aber Oblivion auf 360 jetzt FP10 oder 16 (auf dem PC jedenfalls FP16 - natürlich)?

Gast
2006-03-28, 22:54:34
und man deswegen oft auf FP10 ausweichen wird. Verwendet aber Oblivion auf 360 jetzt FP10 oder 16 (auf dem PC jedenfalls FP16 - natürlich)?

nö, wenn dann wird auf Fx10 ausgewichen.

wenn die xbox360, wirklich kein FP-blending unterstützt ist sie für HDRR ziemlich zum vergessen (siehe auch R3xx-R4xx)