PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Pitou = Parhelia 2: Tape-Out ist fertig

Leonidas
2002-11-09, 13:26:39
Zusammenfassung von hier:
http://forums.matroxusers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37306&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Referring to the new revision of Parhelia, I agree. That will be the 8X part with other fixes as I spoke about in one of my previous editorials.

This is not Pitou.

With all due respect, the information I had at that time was accurate. Don't believe for a minute that the 256MB you see now on the site was the same card I was referring to. The revised Parhelia (AKA 8X parhelia)256 was to be canned in favor of releasing a 64MB parhelia in its place. This changed, and I updated the info in the thread (if you bothered to read) as much. The very same chip that is to be on this 256MB is the same as the current Parhelia, not the 8X, which is a bit different (higher clocks, 8X, fixes).

I did not state that. You are very confused it appears. The new REVISION of Parhelia (8X, higher clocks, fixes) is NOT Parhelia 2. Read my editorials and the corresponding threads to get up to speed. Don't have any high hopes of me apologizing for causing a stir. I will give the news as Ant and I see fit to do. If it stirs the pot, so be it. Rest assured, Pitou references has definitely stirred the pot, you just cannot see it. I may have made a mistake by posting this prep blurb since it has caused a few turkeys inside of MTX to become a little uneasy. This just means it will take more time to confirm what I already know.

funky-d-munky, i think VigilAnt was confirming to Nappe1 that indeed Matrox want to get the Revised P1 out in time for the holiday season. And he also confirmed that the Revised P1 is not Pitou. Like the earlier news articles on the main page said, there will be a revised P1, and possibility of a P2 later on. Different products.

Then what about the following? I guess the first few are to do with the medical imaging kit, but there are an awful lot here that I cannot place...

MGA-P8X-MEDAN
MGA-P8X-MEDDI
MGA-P8X-MEDDK
MGA-P8X-MEDSD
MGA-P8X-MEDSD6
MGA-P8X-PTB
MGA-P8X-PTBEXT
MGA-P8X-PVI6DD
MGA-P8X-PVI8DD
MGA-P8X/PVI8DD
MGA-PAR-PVI4SP
MGA-PAR-PVL4DD
MGA-PAR/ESBC
MGA-PAR/EVV8
MGA-PAR/EVVC
MGA-PAR/EVVC8
MGA-PAR/PTB
MGA-PAR/PV4DD
MGA-PAR/PV6DD
MGA-PAR/PV8DD
MGA-PAR/PV8DH
MGA-PAR/PVC6DD
MGA-PAR/PVC6DH
MGA-PAR/PVC8DD
MGA-PAR/PVC8DH
MGA-PAR/PVCI6DD
MGA-PAR/PVCI8DD
MGA-PAR/PVI4DD
MGA-PAR/PVI4DD
MGA-PAR/PVI6DD
MGA-PAR/PVI8DD
MGA-PAR/PVI8DD
MGA-PAR/PVQ4DD
MGA-PAR/PVQ8DD
MGA-PAR/PVVIM

Hmm... my guess

PAR = Parhelia
P8X = Parhelia AGP 8x
6 = 256MB
8 = 128MB
4 = 64MB
DD = dual DVI
DH = dual HD15
EVV = OEM? (dunno, I just get the feeling that it is)
PVI = original version
PVC = issues fixed version
PVVIM = MAX VERSION!!!!!!!!

From earlier on, someone suggested the Parhelia MAX edition...er, check the product code again. It's not a MAX

Here is a teaser.

Pitou is the codename for Parhelia 2. Not the revised Parhelia (Parhelia 8X). Parhelia 8X can be launched at the God's Of Matrox's discretion any time but I would not be wagering on it because they are sitting on a large inventory of Parhelia already.

Parhelia 2 does not have a completion date set in stone, but it is taped out and it does not look like the G450 in the line of Parhelia generation of chips. It is looking like it exceeds what the G400 did for the G series of chips.

Unreal Soldier
2002-11-09, 14:43:41
GUte Zuzsammenfassung und sehr informationsreich zum spekulieren.

MfG
Unreal Soldier

Leonidas
2002-11-10, 16:14:44
Hier geht es weiter:
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39498