PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : DX9 im Dezember und Microsofts häme über NV

Radeonator
2002-11-19, 23:55:57
Ein Mitarbeiter von Microsoft lies diesen Kommentar über den DX9 Release vom Stapel:D

"...If you mean a date in November > 31 then it's still "November-ish"... ;)

Seriously, we're 100% heads-down getting DirectX 9.0 done. We want to ensure this version of DirectX is the best yet. It will be released this year, but we're not going to shove it out the door unfinished because of a ship date - sorry about that ;)...

PS. I still remember what Nvidia said in their marketing issues in regards the GeForceFX aka NV30 earlier this year. They said: "DirectX 9 and NV30 schedules are aligned". I now wonder if Nvidia [or maybe their little anonymous friends?] can provide us a shiny new GeForceFX for testing this year? "

Quelle: ReactorCritical (http://www.reactorcritical.com/#l1267)

Unreal Soldier
2002-11-19, 23:59:43
Tja MS

Pitchfork
2002-11-21, 08:55:49
Ich hasse schlechte Quotes. Das Original (as seen auf der DirectXDev Mailingliste):

Hi all,

DirectX 9.0 being unveiled at Internet World in Manchester? Seriously?
If so, then I'd be interested in the location where we announced this please.

If you mean a date in November > 31 then it's still "November-ish"... ;)

Seriously, we're 100% heads-down getting DirectX 9.0 done. We want to ensure this version of DirectX is the best yet. It will be released this year, but we're not going to shove it out the door unfinished because of a ship date - sorry about that ;)

We do appreciate your patience and we've decided to release the runtime components of DirectX 9.0 RC0 for public beta. You can download these from:
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=45160>
Take heed of the warnings, this is unfinished product and whilst we believe this is a reasonable reflection of the final version, there may be changes if we need to take them.

We'd like those of you that aren't on the DX9 beta (and WHY not??? ;)) to consider checking this out. Remember though, this is NOT the SDK, just the runtime bits.

If you've just released titles, or are going to this year and haven't tested on DX9 this is your MAJOR opportunity to find any issues and let us know.

Hope this helps a bit, if you want more info then please mail me privately and I'll answer asap,

Thanks, Mike

Mike Burrows, Lead Software Design Engineer,
Microsoft 3rd Party Windows Gaming Division
e: mikebur@microsoft.com