PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : RBE v1.25 new open beta test (now 5xx0 signature support)

BAGZZlash
2010-02-21, 23:30:22
Der BAGZZlash ist ja nicht faul. Doch, etwas schon, nämlich zu faul zum Tippen. Deswegen paste ich hier einfach den englischen Text. Ich bedanke mich wieder einmal im Voraus für Mithilfe!

Hi again!

I need 5xx0 owner's help again.
I put together some code for 5xx0 signature processing. There are two signature file types now: The old 180 bytes version and the new 222 bytes version especially for 5xx0 cards. RBE automatically figures out which version to use, don't bother about that.

However, I'm still not quite sure if the section of the BIOS that is processed here is really the overdrive limit. So I need some testing done again from the community! :) Download this (http://www.banana.space.lc/RBE_125beta2.exe) new beta version of RBE. Do some signature testing. For starters: Load a BIOS that utilizes an overdrive limit that is higher (or at least different) than yours. Switch to the "additional features" tab in RBE and hit "Save..." in the "Method 1 - Hash" area. Save your signature.
Load your own BIOS then and click "Load..." in the "Method 1 - Hash" area. Load the signature you saved previously. The limits of the signature file will be displayed next to your own limits. Make sure the "Method 1 - Hash" radio button is checked as well as the "Change to these values" radio button. Save your BIOS now and flash. On reboot it might or may not be necessary to reinstall your driver due to new vendorID in the BIOS.

This might seem a bit complicated. Experienced users with any 5xx0 cards are much appreciated here.

To ease the search for a BIOS utilizing higher overdrive limits for your card I attached signatures for 5850 and 5870 cards. Both have been extracted from Asus card BIOSes and have slightly higher limits than the reference BIOSes.

Thanks in advance!
BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash
2010-02-21, 23:49:07
Sorry, hab' aus Versehen ungültige alte Files angehängt. Hier sind die richtigen:

Tzunamik
2010-02-22, 12:14:42
Wenn du ganz lieb bitte sagst :P
Hab ne HD5850 mit der ich das für dich nachher mal testen kann.
Dir gehts ja nur um die Signatur, das die als ok erkannt wird.
Oder versteh ich da was falsch?

BAGZZlash
2010-02-22, 14:05:23
Dir gehts ja nur um die Signatur, das die als ok erkannt wird.
Oder versteh ich da was falsch?

So ist es. Ich hab' bisher zwei Tests, die beide erfolgreich waren. Es sollte bei Dir keine Probleme geben. Sag' bescheid. ;)

BAGZZlash
2010-02-22, 21:25:40
After chasing my own tail for some hours this afternoon I put together this (http://www.banana.space.lc/RBE_125beta3.exe) new RBE beta version.

Forget all betas before, forget all 5xx0 signature files before.
Please try the new beta and these signature files. They should work across all BIOS versions now. Attached there are the new signature files for 5850 and 5870 as zip files as well as a package of both files in one .RAR, renamed to .TXT (just rename back).

Please try 'em out and post your results.
I think I'll have to go to bed early today...