PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Xsyon

Telema
2011-01-26, 01:03:23
Hallo...

durch meine alte Com in der ich schon Global Agenda gespielt habe bin ich nun auf Xsyon aufmerksam gemacht worden.

Xsyon spielt leicht in der Zukunft. Genauer gesagt am 01.01.12. Die Welt wie wir sie kennen ist untergegangen. Die Menschen was übrig geblieben sind leiden anscheinend an Gedächtnisverlust, da keiner sich wirklich an die Zivilisation erinnern kann.

Jetzt heisst es überleben. Der Char muss essen und trinken. Das Spiel ist ein Sandbox in Reinskultur. Spieler kann die Welt komplett verändern. Kann Bäume fällen, Strassen bauen, ganze Siedlungen.

Wettersystem ist auch komplett.

http://www.xsyon.com

RLZ
2011-01-26, 23:48:04
Lohnt es sich zu testen?

Lurelein
2011-01-27, 00:17:48
Gibt doch nur pre order. Ist nix mit testen.

Telema
2011-01-27, 01:00:01
Ich sags mal so...

In der Community hatten es 2 Mann vor ein paar Tagen angefangen. Nun sinds schon 7 die spielen.

Das Spiel ist in mehreren Phasen aufgeteilt. Die ersten Monate wird Hauptsächlich Explored, Gebiete abgesteckt und Grundbedürfnisse befriedigt. Ab Herbst ca. soll das ganze dann weg von Jagen und Sammeln gehen und Richtung Ackerbau und Viehzucht. Dadurch werden sich auch die Berufe spezialisieren. Auch wird dann PvP eine höhere Rolle spielen. Das Spiel ist Skillbasierend. Läufst du viel, hält man mit der Zeit längere Lauf Phasen durch und kann mehr tragen. Beim Kämpfen muss gezielt werden.

Bei youtube gibts einige Videos von der Beta.

http://forum.roamers-community.de/index.php?page=Index auf unserer Seite kann man glaub ich auch als Gast den Tread lesen zu Xsyon

Xilavius
2011-01-27, 09:39:32
Das Konzept ist ja mal sehr gut, die grafische Umsetzung, wo ich selber weniger wert drauf lege, ist aber sehr mau. Die Grafiken die dort gezeigt werden selbst auf den Screenshots auf der offiziellen Seite sind schon stark an C64 Zeiten erinnernd.

Nur frage ich mich bei so einem Spiel wie weit das AFK Skillen ausgeprägt ist, es heisst wenn man viel läuft kann man später viel tragen. Wenn ich nun eingeloggt bin und immer automatisch laufe und zwar gegen eine Wand bsw. und mich vom PC verkrümel in wie weit sich das dann auf meine Skills aufwirkt. Wird es dann so gehandhabt wie bei BBO (in Amiland VCO) das man komplett afk skillen kann oder wird es unterbunden.

Wie gesagt die Idee ist super, grafisch muss daran noch viel gewerkelt werden, aber als ein späterer Einsteiger in das Spiel weiss man nicht ob man nicht doch sehr viele Nachteile dann dabei hätte.

Telema
2011-02-13, 20:04:17
Neue Infos:

Update February 13

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

First an announcement.

We are in the process of setting up a second Xsyon world on European servers!

Players will be able to connect to both locations if they desire. You won't be forced to play on a particular server, but this will give European players much better connections if they choose to play on the new servers.

We are currently waiting on our host company to set up the new servers. The download server at our US location will also be upgraded and we are preparing an additional Trial server.

We are considering setting up additional servers in both the US and Europe that will be more war oriented where we will remove safe zones and make some adjustments. At the moment this is very likely, but we have no set date for this.

The server and client have been updated and patched out. The main reason for this update is to fix a problem with saving character schemes we discovered yesterday. This was the cause for data rollbacks yesterday and this morning. I will be carefully monitoring the server to make sure this issue is fixed.

We may wipe with the next update to clear out corrupted data to help us test a few final changes that are going in this week.

With this update:

Features and Revisions

- Tools have been revised. This is a step towards crafting revisions in progress that have been a long time coming and will be finished with the next update.

- Other crafting revisions are in progress. These will become more visible (with tooltips over icons) with the next update.

- Containers can be placed inside buildings. This will provide protection from decay. We are working to fix a few issues with placing containers through walls at the moment.

- Support for low net book resolutions.

Fixes

- Quest goal input has been revised to ignore spaces and punctuation when searching for a matching valid name. Apostrophes can be entered but are not required to find a valid name.

- A major problem with saving character schemes was discovered and fixed.

What's going in before the final wipe?

As much as possible! At the moment we are focused on:
- Crafting revisions.
- Tribe placement corrections.
- Differences between Tribes and Homesteads (single player totems).
- Revised and safe starting locations.
- Unstuck command.
- Terraforming exploit fixes.

Before the launch we will continue with:
- Combat corrections. I started looking into this, but I switched to other more crucial changes
- Minor tribe improvements.
- Death adjustments.

At launch we will turn on:
- Many more creatures.
- New architecture parts.

For the first few days after the final wipe, only Tribes of 10 members will be able to place totems. I may lower this number, based on current tribe sizes after I examine the database.

After a few days, solo players will be able to claim Homesteads.

The European servers should be available before the end of the month.

What I am hoping to do with this is to stagger the launch so that you all don't feel rushed to play at once and that players can settle in nicely on the two servers without too much chaos!

We will then continue with improvements, additions and evolutions!

That's all for now. I apologize that I haven't been able to handle the FAQ questions recently. I will do so as soon as possible. With the new servers getting set up and plans to expand the team in March, there are many things taking priority right now.

Enjoy!