PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : eine neue Idee TCPA produktiv einzusetzen

Unregistered
2003-01-22, 19:16:53
das hab ich auf Ars Technica gefunden :

I'm usually not a big fan of Slashdot's "interviews," but every now and then they manage to post a good one. I thought that today's Q&A with AMI BIOS sales engineer Brian Richardson was excellent from a hardware geek perspective, because his lengthy answers provide some insight into an oft neglected but central component of every PC's mainboard: the BIOS. While the interview doesn't contain a whole lot of in-depth information about the TCPA (mainly because this info is readily available elsewhere, and Richardson provides links to it) it will give you a solid refresher on the general functioning and architecture of the TCPA. The interview is also a good intro to what a BIOS is and what goes into making one.

I should note that while I disagree with Richardson that the TCPA is not ultimately about DRM, his stance that the TCPA is "DRM-neutral" is defensible and has its proponents among those who aren't merely mouthpieces for "tha Man." I say this because I was just really annoyed by the moronic comments posted to the story by puerile, ranting, overcaffeinated keyboard jockeys who equate professionalism and circumspection with being a corporate tool. Richardson is not and does not claim to be a spokesperson for the TCPA, so his declining to speak at length to hostile questions about the overall goals and direction of the multi-company initiative does not, de facto, make him a TCPA apologist. What kind of inane logic is that?

Anyway, by way of wrapping up this post, I'd like to suggest a way that the TCPA could greatly benefit consumers. I think the TCPA would make a great platform on which to build a closed, members only, completely encrypted peer-to-peer media sharing network. As long as you can use the TCPA's tools to reliably verify the identity of every node on the network, then you wouldn't have to worry about the feds, the BSA, the RIAA, the MPAA, Lars Ulrich, or anyone else monitoring your file-sharing group. You and your peers could swap whatever you like in total, TCPA-enabled, 2048-bit-encrypted privacy. Hey, it's just a thought ;0)

wäre doch eine nette Idee den "großen Herren" das TCPA gründlich zu verleiden :D

zaboron
2003-01-22, 19:59:49
fragt sich nur ob fileshare programme die tcpa lizenz bekommen oder sich leisten koennen.

demklon
2003-01-24, 00:09:07
wenn das realistisch machbar ist werden sie kommen,
ob cracked oder nich ...