PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : What are the topics discussed here?

UnCLe_$aM
2003-09-19, 12:14:46
Are there any special topics that are discussed here or is it just a forum with offtopic (but of course in english ;))?
btw anybody here studying english at university..how`s it? what do u do there? is the focus basedon english literature?

zeckensack
2003-09-19, 12:40:30
AFAIK this forum is meant to catch all article related discussion. It does not currently serve this purpose :D

We'll have to wait for the next big article translated to English, and that will hopefully bring some visitors here :)

UnCLe_$aM
2003-09-19, 12:43:36
articles based on hardware right?
don`t know but my interessts have changed from computer to sport :)
but i will visit this forum frequently from now on ;)
maybe this could eventually even improove one`s english ;) would be great for school :)

edit: holy crap my whole post consists of smileys

Exxtreme
2003-09-19, 14:02:21
I think, this forum is for translated articles. :)

Endorphine
2003-09-19, 14:18:34
Original geschrieben von Exxtreme
I think, [...] These words remind me of our famous soccer-Berti :D
Originally said by Berti Vogts
Ei sink [...] wie häv nassing tu lus. ;D ;D ;D

huha
2003-09-19, 14:39:01
Don't confuse eventually with maybe :) Eventuelly does mean "finally" whereas THIS (http://dict.leo.org/?search=eventuell&searchLoc=0&relink=on&spellToler=standard&sectHdr=on&tableBorder=1&cmpType=relaxed&lang=en) may be the word you mean.

-huha

DocEW
2003-09-19, 14:51:24
A major problem I see at the moment is that every thread is full of language corrections. That doesn't improve readability really ...
... although it's sometimes hard to resist, I know ... :D

Another thing: Maybe a sticky with the link provided by huha would be helpful.

( http://dict.leo.org/?lang=de )

UnCLe_$aM
2003-09-19, 15:57:23
Original geschrieben von huha
Don't confuse eventually with maybe :) Eventuelly does mean "finally" whereas THIS (http://dict.leo.org/?search=eventuell&searchLoc=0&relink=on&spellToler=standard&sectHdr=on&tableBorder=1&cmpType=relaxed&lang=en) may be the word you mean.

-huha

oh :) i knew it..just remembered it these days of course it is maybe :) i am stupid :(

DrumDub
2003-09-19, 16:19:43
Original geschrieben von DocEW
Another thing: Maybe a sticky with the link provided by huha would be helpful.

( http://dict.leo.org/?lang=de )

for sure. this thingy is incredibly useful while one tries to word a sentence which sounds more intelligent than the usual english once learned at school. :D

nggalai
2003-09-19, 16:52:27
Original geschrieben von zeckensack
AFAIK this forum is meant to catch all article related discussion. It does not currently serve this purpose :D*nod*

That's my understanding, too. I wouldn't mind some off-topic bla until the great unwashed masses arrive, though. ;D

-Sascha.rb

Gast
2003-09-19, 17:41:45
Original geschrieben von nggalai
I wouldn't mind some off-topic bla

Neither do I, but an english forum just used to write some useless crap and to show one's bad language skills?

... don't know if this is really what Leo wanted it to be.

Guess we should concentrate on discussing those articles.

Braincatcher
2003-09-19, 18:50:56
Wonderful! The first time I take part of a conversation which is completely in english.:D
I'm of the opinion that this Forum should be filled with discussions about anything possible. Of course, SPAM makes an exception.:D

Braincatcher
2003-09-19, 19:05:51
Original geschrieben von Exxtreme
I think, this forum is for translated articles. :)

But why? Possibly the vast majority of all english-forum visitors would prefer conversations and interesting discussions in english. No need to be afraid: Nobody ever translated SPAM.;)

nggalai
2003-09-19, 19:21:40
[SIZE=1]Original geschrieben von Gast
Neither do I, but an english forum just used to write some useless crap and to show one's bad language skills? [SIZE]Na, of course not. Rather, "general" English forum until there really are a couple of (English) articles to discuss, "specific" English articles forum later.

I'm not too fond of spamming myself, you know. ;)

-Sascha.rb

UnCLe_$aM
2003-09-19, 19:51:23
Original geschrieben von Braincatcher
But why? Possibly the vast majority of all english-forum visitors would prefer conversations and interesting discussions in english. No need to be afraid: Nobody ever translated SPAM.;)

do u think native speakers will find this forum here? i`d rather say hey won`t do because they`ll first see a german mainforum and will leave?!? if not hope to welcome some natives ;)

Braincatcher
2003-09-19, 20:04:45
Original geschrieben von UnCLe_$aM
do u think native speakers will find this forum here? i`d rather say hey won`t do because they`ll first see a german mainforum and will leave?!? if not hope to welcome some natives ;)

You quoted the wrong posting, I think.:D
Be that as it may, I'd also say no. But it could somehow get public that from now on 3DCenter allows english discussions!

mawel
2003-09-21, 15:55:13
So why donīt we call it the "nerd forum". Thatīs what my girlfriend is thinking about it anyway...*ocl*